The Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) has a core mission of providing specific educational, financial, legislative, and leadership services and support to all K-12 school districts in Riverside County, California. The primary work of the RCOE is divided into the following three areas providing:
- overarching educational goals, support and services leading to high school graduation, college readiness, and career preparedness of all county students enrolled in public education;
- financial oversight and support of the school districts in the county to ensure fiscal solvency and compliance with statutes; and
- credential oversight and support to ensure all teachers in the county are properly authorized for the subject area(s) they are assigned to teach.
Several RCOE divisions determined that it was important to launch a “Marketing Transformational Initiative” (MTI) in light of new legislative trends creating a more competitive market place. The MTI engaged divisions and staff that was facing funding changes to their programs in order to develop systems and processes to better market to a variety of customers and stakeholders, and to inform, educate and engage new prospective customers about the relevancy of RCOE’s work.
FCM partnered with Business U, Inc. (BU) to work with RCOE and design and deliver the MTI, a series of onsite and online professional learning events with accredited outcomes driven curriculum that led to the development of divisional marketing and communications plans and brand strategies, as well as enhancing the technology and social media capacity of staff for deployment. The MTI was designed to elevate the skill sets of staff and raise awareness about the need for an entrepreneurial culture to identify fee-based opportunities.
The RCOE Public Relations staff served as a central coaching team through Business U’s train-the-trainer model supported by subject matter experts from FCM and BU. Topics for the learning events included the following.
- Understanding Customer Centric Models
- Obtaining Data to Evaluate Current Market Position
- Rebranding & Messaging Formulas
- Marketing & Communications Planning & Tracking
- Social Media & Technology
Congratulations to RCOE participants who are finalizing their marketing and communications plans next month.
If you would like to build the capacity of staff for fee-based services, contact us for more information.